Before Barrack Obama's next televised speech, prepare your "Obama Bullshit Bingo" card by drawing a square. I find that 5" x 5" is a good size -- and dividing it into columns –five across and five down. That will give you 25 1-inch blocks.
- Restored our reputation
- Strategic fit
- Let me be clear
- Make no mistake
- Back from the brink
- Signs of recovery
- Out of the loop
- Job creation
- Fiscal restraint
- Affordable health care
- Previous Administration
- Greed on Wall Street
- At the end of the day
- Empower (or empowerment)
- Touch base
- Corporate greed
- Game plan
- Inherited as in "I inherited this mess"
- Relief for working families
- ...Or add your own favorites
Testimonials from past satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
- "I had been listening to the speech for only five minutes when I won." - Jack W., Boston
- "My attention span during speeches has improved dramatically." - David D., Florida
- "What a gas! Speeches will never be the same for me after my first win." - Bill R., New York City
- "The atmosphere was tense in the last speech as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Denver
- "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "BULLSHIT!" for the third time in two hours." - Harry A, Chantilly
- I got “Blackout” in less than 15 minutes! – Billy, Atlanta
In Obama's defense, you could probably play a similar game with every elected official in the country, past and present. To be a political figure is to spout bullshit.
Won't argue with you there, but Obama has certainly taken it to a new level.
- Editor Paul